Understand the long-term outlook for global propylene markets with Argus' strategic study. As well as providing you with in-depth analysis of the current market and a forward-looking view on a country-by-country level until 2026, the service also offers you a broad range of accessible independent data to assist with your research and planning processes.
"Propylene continues to show healthier growth than ethylene as consumption is spurred by strong growth for key derivatives. But the rate will decline in the next few years as global economic growth slows and developed economics settle into the new normal of lower annual GDP growth..."
Download the study’s key finding and a table of contents
- A history and forecast of supply and demand balances from 2012 to 2021 for each region and each propylene-producing country. A further five years of forecast data to 2026 is available on Argus Direct, our online platform.
- A discussion of process technologies for propylene production and derivative processes, and history and forecast of propylene sources by country and region.
- An overview of regional and world propylene markets, including a demand analysis of all major propylene derivatives.
- A history and forecast of propylene imports and exports by country, and an analysis of regional net trade.
Data & Downloads
This service also features downloadable market data published in spreadsheet format, available only in Argus Direct.
- 2017 World Propylene Balances, with individual data sets for Western Europe / Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia / North America / Latin America / Southeast Asia / Northeast Asia / Africa and the Middle East
- 2017 Propylene Annual Company Balances: Propylene production and consumption capacity by site and company
- 2017 Propylene Annual Capacities: Capacities for propylene and derivatives, by location and source
Argus Consulting Services
Argus Consulting Services offers tailor-made research to clients seeking the highest quality data, analysis, insight and commentary on international petrochemical and energy markets. Argus Consulting Services has a wealth of knowledge and experience, with all our staff members having an extensive background within all aspects of the petrochemical market.
Read more about our petrochemical experts
Click here to find out more about Argus Consulting Services